Disneyland and Walt Disney World are two grand stages upon which a story of magic, fantasy and enchantment plays out for guests from around the world each and every day. Cast Members perform, attractions entertain, parades delight and fireworks bedazzle as guests young and old watch with wide-eyed wonder and amazement as the story unfolds all around them. But unknown to many, separate and sometimes whimsical stories play out right alongside the main act, and these stories make up the secrets of Disney-Secrets.com.
You'll find an ever-changing mix of secrets combined with outstanding photography on Disney-Secrets.com, so be sure to visit often as new secrets are revealed just as prior ones disappear, only to reappear once again...much like The Hatbox Ghost!
And if you know of a secret you think I should include here, I'd love to hear about it. Send me a note through the "Contact" page.
A Mix of Old and New Secrets
Without a doubt, some of the secrets on Disney-Secrets.com may be very familiar to you. These might include the use of forced perspective on Main Street, U.S.A., the two lanterns in Liberty Square, or even the lamp in Walt Disney’s private apartment. But while these may be secrets which are familiar to you and I, I like to keep in mind that perhaps a few thousand guests, young and old, are walking through the front gates of Disneyland or the Magic Kingdom for the very first time each and every day, and, just like you and I did at one point, they're now enjoying their moment of discovering these secrets for the very first time.
Of course, I trust everyone will find all new secrets revealed on this web site, as well…They may come and go, but at times you'll find the first-ever published backstory about George Lloyd and the miniature U.S. Capitol Building model found in the Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln attraction, the first-ever published story behind the making of the telegraph message in Spaceship Earth, how the Fred Gurley locomotive impersonated the Ernest S. Marsh for a few hours in 1959 and much, much more awaits readers who are very familiar with the parks.
Tell Me A Secret
Do you or someone you know have an interesting backstory about a park secret? Perhaps you know the meaning of a hidden element within an attraction at Disneyland or Walt Disney World. Maybe you know someone who designed or built an attraction and they told you a fun secret about it, or maybe you’ve got a great story, item or autograph involving Walt Disney himself.
If you have some kind of interesting backstory about a secret, which can be confirmed, and you think guests would love to hear about it in this book, then I’d love to hear from you. Please get in touch with me through www.Disney-Secrets.com.
Enjoy the Magic!
Sharing is OK...to a Degree
I think it’s great we can all be part of the Disney fan family, and I like the idea I’m playing a very small part in helping to share the magic, but can I ask of you a favor? If you copy and share the content you find on Disney-Secrets.com, especially the photos, in non-commercial applications, such as a blog or article you write, please limit it to five secrets and be sure to mention Disney-Secrets.com. That will help me to add more great secrets, backstories and information in the future. If you’d like to use more than five, then feel free to get in touch with me to ask. I think you’ll find I’m pretty agreeable.
If you’re copying this content for commercial reasons, then yes, that would be a copyright violation, and as with all created material, published or otherwise, commercial or non-commercial, permission is required from the author before you can use it. If you’d like to use the information within Disney-Secrets.com for commercial reasons, then feel free to contact me and let’s talk. I’d be glad to hear what you have in mind.
Shipping & Return Policy
Shipments are made via USPS within 1 to 3 business days.
Unfortunately, because books may be read in a short period of time, the refund policy is "All Sales Final." Unfortunately I can’t offer you a refund or exchange after this period.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you use our Products or Website, you may be asked for personally identifiable information such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number.
By giving us such information, you will need to consent by using it in the manner described in this policy.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at Mike.Fox@Disney-Secrets.com. We will return or destroy your personal information within five days of receipt of your withdrawal of consent.
All security on our Website is treated seriously. Where applicable, we undertake security steps, including use of SSL technology, on our back-end systems that store customer account information and to protect data transmissions. However, this is not a guarantee that such data transmissions cannot be accessed, altered or deleted due to firewall or other security software failures.
If you have any further concerns about security, please email us through the Contact Page on this web site.
The term 'Disney-Secrets.com' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 10117 SE Sunnyside Rd. - F-300 Clackamas, OR 97015. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
1. The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
3. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
4. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
5. This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction, copying and reposting online or elsewhere is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice or permissions granted, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
6. All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
It's a Vicious Cycle
Here's the viscious cycle, which occurs when people borrow content but don't cite the source...
- Author excitedly publishes a dozen never-before-been-published secrets and photos
- Readers are excited to see the new content, as well
- People lift the secrets and photos for their own blogs without citing the source
- The lifted content gets shared, forwarded, pinned and tweeted for a year
- A year later someone reads the original content and posts, "What's so special about this? Why, I can find it anywhere on the web."
- Original author pulls his or her hair out!
Please, since we're all in the Disney community, if you do borrow content from Disney-Secrets.com, please remember to cite the web site. It's a big help.